Sunday, March 12, 2006

Argus on the day

After waking up a little later than originally planned, I have made my way down to the finish of the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour. This is going to be a name dropping entry, so get ready...

While interviewing Phil Ligget, Dave Bellairs walked past and introduced me to Malcolm Langer and Anriette Schoeman. I said that I was busy because I was going to talk to Steffen Redachla, the winner of the men's race. The event organiser, Anton Groenewaldt offered me a beer but I had to turn him down as I was going to go on air in a couple of hours and had to be sober...

WOW

The Argus is being ridden under partly cloudy skies, just as predicted by the weather office, so well done to them. The wind is going to be tough for the latter riders and it was also a factor earlier, but it's coming up now. It is cool, though, so that will help. The medics report that it is still quiet, but it is early days still. The fat, unfit and just plain lazy will come in later with all of thier regular complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment