Thursday, November 30, 2006

Lunch at the Nedbank

Lunch at the golf is famous. If you are a vegetarian then forget even coming out the city of the sun. If you are on a low protien diet, then also take a drop. (See my clever use of golf terms?)

The main meal at the media centre is lunch time. There are plenty of snacks and drinks to keep you sustained through the day, but the highlight is certainly lunch. And what, you ask, is this famous lunch?

RIBS. Lots and lots of pork ribs. You get chops, some other type of braai'd meat, but the main meal HAS to be ribs. Soft, juicy, tomato flavoured ribs.

Don't get me wrong, on day 1 at the Nedbank Golf Challenge, the ribs are fantastic. Day 2 they are still good but from then on, they do get a little much. Last year I didnn't even have a main meal on the Sunday. I think that I just had pudding.

Well, lunch is a thing of the past on this Thursday and the golf is going well. The leaders are through 13 and Padraig Harrington is on 5 under.

I put R50 on CharlSchwartzel and also R50 on last year's winner, Jim Furyk. Charl is 2nd last and Jim is 3 off the lead on -2. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment