Friday, February 23, 2007

It's Hot!!

Day 1 of the Durban A1gp is a thing of the past. As the heading will tell you, I am hot. I used to live in Durban but I keep forgetting just how hot it gets in Durban in February. No idea what the actual temperature was but it was hot. Standing in the shade outside would get you sweating, forget about going out in the sun!

As for the racing, the cars did their thing in the rookie testing and official testing. Team South Africa's driver, Adrian Zaugg arrived at the track at 10:30am with practice already 30 minutes underway. He walked straight to the garage, put on his gloves and helmet, jumped in the car and had an accident. Not a big one, just enough to take the car out of the session.

Practice 1 came along and he did quite well. He placed 10th out of 20-odd countries.

The noise from the cars is loud but not as loud as you would imagine. I used my trusty sound level meter at the track and got readings of around 108dB. My music in the car is louder than that. I was about 30 metres away from the track but I still imagined it to be a little louder.

Tomorrow's weather should be good. There were clear skies after a cloudy start today, so we hope to see some fun on the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment