Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Poor A1gp Medical


Sunday night, as I was going back to my room after a tough day atthe OB Van for SAfm, I saw a couple of Team USA. I asked them how thier driver was. Earlier in the day, Jonathon Summeton, the driver for the USA had had a major accident. After going through the the flat-out left corner towards the end of the track, Johanthon had hit the right hand wall, lost control and hit the barriers further down the road, head-on. At the time, nothing much was thought of the incident and the race went on. The Team USA man told me the rest of the story....

Straight after the accident, Jonathon was on the team radio crying and saying that he was injured. He was saying that his hand was sore. The team told him to sit still and the medical crew would get there soon. Guess what? The team never arrived. Jonathon had to get out of the car himself and make his way to the pits.

This after a MASSIVE shunt, head-first into a concrete barrier. Surely somone should have sent an ambulance just as a precaution?

When I tried to contact A1gp yesterday, they were all in transit from Durban back to the UK and I will try to get answers once they arrive in the UK later today or tomorrow.

Find out more about this young American here....

No comments:

Post a Comment