Thursday, May 04, 2006

I hate being right

It's tough when you do a job like mine. Every now and agin, you pop into the office and show your face to make sure that 'they' still know you exist. Most of the time I sit at home and play on the PS2 or watch TV.

Another tough thing for me is when I predict a sporting event and it comes out just the way I said. It's happened a few times on this site already and it will continue, I don't know why, it's like I am Odd Thomas or something.

The latest one is the prediction on Sunday by Pajero and I that the ABSA Cup final would be played at ABSA Park in Durban. For those of you that hate sponsor names, that's Kingspark Rugby Stadium. But let's face it, it didn't take a rocket scientist to work out where the match would be played. There is no way that the sponsors of the ABSA Cup, namely ABSA, would allow the final to be played at the FNB Stadium, would they? Newlands sucks and no where else is big enough for a sporting spectacle like a Chiefs/Pirates final. Ellis Park you say? STOP READING THIS NOW, if you said that!!!

I think that it is time that we stopped using the sponsors names for our soccer stadia as, when World Cup 2010 comes along, we won't be able to call them by thier sponsor's name anyway. Soccer City is already being used for the FNB. I think that Sponsors should get real. WHo will ever call Newlands cricket ground, Sahara Park Newlands?

No comments:

Post a Comment