Sunday, May 14, 2006

Sharks vs Bulls vs Stormers

If you don't know by now, I am a huge Sharks fan. I have seen two of thier games live, which is two more than any other Super 14 franchise. So if this post seems a little depressed, then you will undertsand where I am coming from.

Yesterday morning, all was swell. The Sharks had done what was needed and had some change in the bank after beating the Force to get into the semi-finals of the Super 14. All we needed, as Sharks fans, was for the Bulls to not win by 32 points against the Stormers in Cape Town. A task that seemed impossible. Until around 7pm last night, that is.

The Stormers tried, I give you that, but they did try a little too hard, if you get my drift. They would run the ball from thier own 22. AGAINST THE BULLS!!!! Who does that? The Stormers knew that they were going to lose. It's a fact that it was going to happen. If I was the flyhalf of the side, every time I got the ball, I would have kicked it as far and as wide as I could and just pin those Bulls in thier own half for 80 minutes. No, not the Stormers. We have to show off for Jake and drop the ball and throw high floating balls out to the wing where Brian Habbana just happens to be waiting.

"On the other hand, Darren", well done to the Bulls on getting through. I can't wait to see the carrot that the 'Saders will give you. Or maybe not. I am still putting my money on the Hurricanes to take the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment