Monday, January 29, 2007

Super 14 TIme Again


It seems just like the other day that I was writing about the 2006 Super 14 campaign. Actually, it was just the other day...

On Friday, the 2007 series begins and the adverts have already pissed me off. Graphity? Support your city's team? I know what is going on in my city? What are these creatives smoking because I want some.

The New Zealand sides are taking out thier big names to rest them and prtect them ahead of the Rugby World Cup in September. Are the Blues the same side without the big names? Are the Blues a side at all without thier big names?

Locally, we have a bunch of old men who want to play again to make a world cup squad that they stand no chance of making, but they will try and they will get hurt and we will all say, "Told you so..."

When I asked the editor of the rugby annual on Saturday who would win, Andy said that he hopes the Bulls will with the Sharks challenging for top SA side. The Oz teams will relax and they tour really badly. Will we have an SA champ this year? I hope so, but will an SA champ in 2007 mean anything? Who cares about the Super 14 when there is a World Cup to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment