Friday, February 10, 2006

I have a Theory

I have a not very popular theory. I am sure I am not the only one with this theory but I think that I am the only one who is willing to say it. Serious sports reporters tend to not wat to talk about it as it makes thier job worthless. The theory has been bubbling around since the world cup here in South Africa and it is time to come out and be announced.

Betting and match fixing is still very much in the picture in sport!

Shocking, you say. Let's have a look at the VB Series, look at the results. One team wins, then it looses. One team looses, then they win. That is an easy way of fixing the odds for the next game. What were the odds of Sri Lanka making the finals of the VB Series. What are the odds of Sri Lanka winning the 1st final of the VB Series? So they win the 1st one, suddenly the odds of Australia taking the series gets wider. You put more money on the Aussies and they will obviously go on and win the series and you make more money.

You know that Australia will do well in the opening games when they come to South Africa later this year and I can gaurentee that South Africa will fight back but Australia will win in the end. Fix the matches, make it look as if cricket is unpredictable, make people sit on the edge of thier seats. It's all made up!

No comments:

Post a Comment