Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Skiing

On Thursday, due to the Winter Olympics, I am going to learn how to ski. How hard can it be? You point them downhill and hold on for dear life. I have to admit that I have no idea how to stop but if someone from South Africa can be taking part, why can't I? In fact, it's because there is only one person from South Africa taking part in the Olympics that I want to learn.

My theory is that the best way to be a great sportsperson is to do a sport that no one else does. If I can kind of ski then I will go to SASCOC and get funding to join the winter olympics to represent South Africa. Why not?

I think that we should start a curling team. We have some great Bowls players, surely it's not a big jump to curling? That Bobsled thing doesn't seem so hard. What do the 2nd and 3rd guys do anyway? We have enough rinks to start up short track speed skating. Let's do it! Let's start a proper South African Winter Olympic movement....

Back to learnig to ski. I will bring you photos of the fun as well as a story of what happened on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment