Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Final Post from Sun City

IT is the final post, at least until the end of January when i will be back for the Women's World Cup of Golf.

For now, it is the day after having played the Gary PLayer COuntry Club with the same layout as the pro's played it on Sunday. All you really need to know is that it is long, very very long. For someone like me, that doesn't really make much of a difference because I can't reach the green in two shots anyway, so that wasn't a HUGE problem. What was problematic for me was the rough. The long grass is more than ankle deep and tough as nails. Getting a ball out of that is a tough ask for the best golfers in the world, forget about a 24 handicap.

My 4-ball scored 50 points with 2 scores counting and the winning 4-ball shot 67 points. I have been to compititions where 75 won the day. That shows how difficult the COuntry Club is.

Thanks very much to the Sports Trust for letting me play and also to Sun City and Sun International for a fantastic week at the Nedbank Golf Challenge.

See you soon Sun City and I will keep posting your favourite sports stories here.

No comments:

Post a Comment