Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Mail from a fan

Every now and again, I get a mail from peope who have strong opions about what is going on with the 2010 World Cup. Today's mail comes from Tina...

Hi Jon
I'm on my pet subject again! Although there appears to be a distinct lack of urgency in getting started with the stadia, the new super-duper, state-of-the-art SAFA House is nearly finished. I'm glad to see that SAFA/FIFA have their priorities in order!
I was horrified to hear that schools and houses have been/are being demolished to make way for the new stadium in Nelspruit. Since when is a soccer stadium more important than schools and homes?
I understand that temporary classrooms are being erected (and they will probably still be temporary in 2010 and beyond) but the evicted residents do not seem to know what will happen to them. You probably don't remember, but one of my earliest e-mails to you when we were awarded 2010 was my concern that everything would be sacrificed to the extravaganza and SAFA's ego and I am afraid this is only the beginning.


So, that is what Tina thinks. I must admit that I didn't know about the moving of a school and houses. But as long as we have soccer, everything will be FINE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment