Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sports Journos

OK, I am one. I write and report on sport, so that makes me a sports journalist. I think that the difference is that I don't take myself seriously. Sport is supposed to be fun. One thing that irritates me is when a hack like me writes something, then surely, these esteemed journalists who don't even greet me when I walk past them, writes something that I said ages ago.

If you have an MWeb subscription you can read Dan Retief's article on how it just dawned on him that SA rugby players aren't fit enough. Well done Dan, I wrote that back on the 5th of March! Did it really take you that long to work it out? Were you not really watching the games or did you have your head so far up your ass that you didn't see the fat, slow and just plain exhausted "rugby" players, falling all over the rugby field?

I am not saying that I am better than Dan in any way. In fact, I think that he writes some clever stories but don't come here with your amazing insight when every rugby fan in the world already knows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment